Cochlear Limited is the global leader in implantable hearing solutions.
We help people hear and be heard.
We empower people to connect with others and live a full life.
We transform the way people understand and treat hearing loss. We innovate and bring to market a range of implantable hearing solutions that deliver a lifetime of hearing outcomes.
Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor
The world’s first cochlear implant sound processor you can control and stream directly from your compatible smartphone.
Small and mighty
The Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor is the smallest and lightest1 behind-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor.
It has built-in, advanced technology that provides direct audio streaming from a compatible Apple or Android™ device.
Always hear your best by adjusting your settings across different environments.
Monitor the status of your battery. Locate a missing sound processor.
You can do all this with the Nucleus Smart App, designed for the Nucleus 7 Sound Processor
and compatible Apple or Android devices.
Directly stream calls and entertainment
Connect to what you enjoy as you stream phone calls, music, audio books, videos and more, directly to your Nucleus 7 Sound Processor from compatible Apple and Android devices.
If you don’t have a compatible smartphone or tablet, you can enjoy streaming calls and music wirelessly with the Cochlear™ Wireless Phone Clip.
Hear your best in any environment
Never miss a moment – in a quiet room or outside on a windy day, your sound processor will automatically adjust using SmartSound® iQ with SCAN.
Take control of your hearing
The Nucleus® Kanso® Sound Processor is the world’s smallest and lightest2,3 off-the-ear sound processor.
It’s the only one of its kind designed for better hearing with two microphones.
Just press a single on/off button and let the advanced technology take over.
Discreet and comfortable, the Kanso sound processor lets you enjoy life with confidence.
Filter out background noise
Dual microphones work together to reduce sound from behind and to the sides so you hear more of what you want.
Hear your best in any environment
Never miss a moment — in a quiet room or outside on a windy day, your device will automatically adjust using SmartSound® iQ with SCAN.
Cochlear™ has a range of implants and electrodes for your type of hearing loss and cochlea anatomy. Discover what sets Nucleus® implants apart.
World’s thinnest implant: Cochlear™ Nucleus® Profile™ Implant
The Nucleus Profile and Profile Plus Series implants are the thinnest in the world.*
They are designed with a flexible coil to better fit the natural shape of your head.
Profile Series implants also have a high impact resistance — up to 2.5 joules — which meets the European standards for impact testing
Industry-leading design for hearing performance
The anatomy of the cochlea varies from person to person. That’s why we offer a range of electrode shapes and lengths.
Your surgeon will decide which one is best for you.
Unique features of Cochlear’s electrodes and implants include:
- 22 active contacts for maximum frequency coverage along the hearing nerve.
- The world’s thinnest full-length electrode.
- The Hybrid™ L24 Electrode+ that is specifically designed and approved to preserve hearing.
- Electrodes which sit closest to the hearing nerve for your best hearing performance.4,5
- Best long-term implant reliability record in the industry.*6
Wireless freedom — no strings attached
You can connect to the people you love and the world around you, wirelessly.
Our True Wireless technology is designed so you can focus less on trying to hear and more on what’s important to you.
What does True Wireless technology mean?
Our True Wireless Devices connect to your sound processor using Bluetooth® technology. You get stereo-quality sound straight to your Cochlear™ sound processor without any interference.
True Wireless devices are compatible with the following:
- Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor
- Nucleus® Kanso® Sound Processor
- Nucleus® 6 Sound Processor
- Baha® 5 sound processors
Explore all the ways True Wireless technology can help you hear.
Support for a lifetime
Cochlear is your partner for a lifetime of hearing. We have personalised tools and resources you can get at any time. We provide fast and convenient service, we answer your questions, and we help you get the most from your Cochlear device.
* Based on latest generation of cochlear implants manufactured by Cochlear, Advanced Bionics, Oticon Medical available as at 31 December 2017.
- Cochlear Limited D1190805. CP1000 Processor Size Comparison. 2019, Apr; Data on file.
- Cochlear Limited. CP950 Kanso Sound Processor User Guide. Data on file, July 2016.
- MED-EL. Rondo. The World’s First CI Single-Unit Processor. [PDFInternet] [as of August 2016]. Available from: https://s3.medel.com/pdf/US/fl-br/23710_21_RONDO+US+Factsheet.pdf.
- Holden LK, Finley CC, Firszt JB, Holden TA, Brenner C, Potts LG, et al. Factors affecting open-set word recognition in adults with cochlear implants. Ear Hear.2013 May-Jun;34(3):342-60.
- Esquia (2013): Esquia Medina, GN., Borel, S., Nguyen, Y., Ambert-Dahan, E., Ferrary, E., Sterkers, O., Bozorg Grayeli, A. Is Electrode-Modiolus Distance a Prognostic Factor for Hearing Performances after Cochlear Implant Surgery. Audiol Neurotol. 2013;18:406-413. DOI: 10.1159/000354115.
- Cochlear Limited, 454378. Comparison of reliability of cochlear implants commercially available (as at 31 December 2017). Data on file. Based on latest generation of cochlear implants manufactured by Cochlear, Advanced Bionics, Oticon Medical, and MED-EL available as at 31 December 2017.